course provides an overview of the key concepts and principles in
environmental management, areas of global and national environmental
concern, and strategies and tools for effective environmental
management. Attempt to understand the genesis of environmental
problems; the concerns that lead to various international and national
initiatives to tackle them have been made in this course. Various
tools, which can be used to address environmental problems and the role
that the professionals can play in managing environment in their
respective areas would be discussed.
- Principles of Environmental Management.
- Principles of Ecology, Environment & Environmental Management.
- Policies and Legal Aspect of Environmental Management.
- Overview of Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA).
- Preparation and Review of Environmental Impact Assessment Report.
- Environmental Audit.
- Life Cycle Assessment as EM Tool.
- Environmental Management Systems Standards: ISO 14000 (EMS).
- Related Issues in Environmental Management.
- Environmental Design.
- Environmental Economics.
- Basics of Data base Management System (DBMS), Geographic Information System (GIS) and Remote Sensing
- Geographic Information System (GIS) and Remote Sensing in Environmental Management.
Each of the self-learning format versions of the course complies with high
quality standards and includes a tutor's guide. A comprehensive list of
references (and suggested reading) is provided at the end of each
course to enable the learners to pursue relevant further reading. The
methodology involved thorough course packaging (i.e., development,
design and materials production)