Papers are invited on the following themes from researchers, planners, development managers, economists and social scientists, school (VIII – XII students) and college students, school and college teachers.
Topics for Paper Presentation/ Poster in Lake 2014:
- Biodiversity: Western Ghats, Rivers and Wetlands;
- Wetlands and swamps: Restoration, Conservation and Management;
- Land use, Land cover dynamics in Western Ghats
- Climate Change and Western Ghats;
- Carrying Capacity of Western Ghats;
- Carrying capacity of river basins in Western Ghats;
- Valuation of Ecosystem Goods and services;
- Sacred Groves (kans, devara kadu) and Myristica Swamps;
- Eco-Tourism in Western Ghats and Carbon sequestration;
- Need for conservation - Food and water security of India;
- Application of Geoinformatics in Wetland Management;
- Natural and Anthropogenic disasters;
- Limnology, aquatic ecology, biodiversity and prospects of biomonitoring;
- Pollution –terrestrial and aquatic - Monitoring and Management, bioremediation;
- Sustainable Agriculture and organic farming;
- Coastal ecosystems – Biodiversity, Ecology, Productivity and livelihood aspects;
- Wetland Resources and Livelihood;
- Prospects of Renewable Energy (solar, biofuel, bioenergy) and Energy Conservation;
- Environmental Education and Sustainable Development;
- Environment Ethics and Green Technology.
There are three awards in students and teachers category— High School (VIII, IX, X); College (XI, XII and UG) and Teachers (school and college). Awards for the best paper presentation would include a Certificate and a Memento. The best posters would be similarly, awarded.